Latest News

• Return to Waterdeep (Lords of Waterdeep)

Faerun just isn't the same without us! Tonight we return to Waterdeep to see which Lord will rule the city. After 8 rounds of schemes and corruption we tally it up and see who prevails. Come watch this super-fun game of intrigue.

Read more ...  
  • Return to the Mansion (Elder Sign)

We are back after the Thanksgiving Holiday break and ready to play! We dive into the mansion of horror twice more. Here's two games of Elder Sign back-to-back for your viewing pleasure. First game is against Hastur and the second, Yog Sothoth. Watch as we struggle, whine, generally feels unpleasant, but have a good time anyway. Elder Sign is where it's at!

Read more ...  
  • Make Shinies, Get Bitches ("Kobolds")

Tonight we give "Kobolds" a try. This is a competitive game where you place kobold minions inside mines to try and collect the most shinies possible. Some kobolds have special powers while others just show up for loot. You can try to do your own thing or engage directly in battle with the competition, but make no mistake, eventually you will get raided! This is a really cool game. Check it out!

Read more ...  
  • Who's got Balls of Steel? (Cash 'n Guns)

Gangsters everywhere! Tonight we played Cash N Guns a game where mob bosses tell people who to shoot, other people out of the way, and those with balls of steel get the loot. This is a fun take-a-chance game with shallow but interesting strategy. Watch as we rough each other up and vie for the big loot! Who's gonna get da cement shooz? Keep yer eyes peeled.

Read more ...

What MMO should we plan for?

Poll: What MMOs should we plan for?

Crowfall
2 22.2%
Pantheon
4 44.4%
Life is Feudal
No votes 0%
Chronicles of Elyria
3 33.3%
Other (post below)
No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 9 ( wintertide, Seifer Arumashi, Ald, Jmillz024, Reli Turino ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
More
1 year 5 months ago #11 by AIMonster
AIMonster replied the topic: What MMO should we plan for?

Seifer Arumashi wrote: Whichever is the most difficult of the 4 and consequently weeds out terrible players.

So none of those.
  • Grey
  • Grey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Look mom, I'm on Youtube!
More
1 year 5 months ago #12 by Grey
Grey replied the topic: What MMO should we plan for?
As much as I disliked Pantheon's start due to all the legitimate drama that surrounded its early development, I believe it has the most likely chance to exemplify a "toughest MMO" category. We really have seen a lot of shit players come through the community over the past several years and it is disheartening to the max. We've also attracted some very, very good players, but they leave because of those other people. It would be nice to see a game that does some of the weeding for us.

What we need is someone who is willing to build it up. I was considering it myself, but those backer tier prices are just insane. I greatly dislike the way we "launch" or "fund" games these days. Early access is crap, and asking for $100+ before I even really know what I'm buying is just insane. That said, it's never been an impossible feat to find someone willing to lead. Just takes the right sort of person...
More
1 year 5 months ago #13 by AIMonster
AIMonster replied the topic: What MMO should we plan for?

Grey Jorildyn wrote: As much as I disliked Pantheon's start due to all the legitimate drama that surrounded its early development, I believe it has the most likely chance to exemplify a "toughest MMO" category. We really have seen a lot of shit players come through the community over the past several years and it is disheartening to the max. We've also attracted some very, very good players, but they leave because of those other people. It would be nice to see a game that does some of the weeding for us.

What we need is someone who is willing to build it up. I was considering it myself, but those backer tier prices are just insane. I greatly dislike the way we "launch" or "fund" games these days. Early access is crap, and asking for $100+ before I even really know what I'm buying is just insane. That said, it's never been an impossible feat to find someone willing to lead. Just takes the right sort of person...

Exactly how were old school MMOs tough besides the time investment required? Sure, they were penalizing enough, but a six year old could learn combat in an old school MMO since it's literally just pressing the same 2 or 3 buttons over and over again till something dies, pressing sit (in the case of EQ), waiting for a bar to fill, rinse repeat. Let's not even discuss the melee classes in EQ. I've seen old school MMO players completely fail at even playing these old school MMOs correctly.

The notion that we'll get "good" players by picking a MMO with old school mechanics is absurd. We'll get people completely incapable of playing a modern video game on part of the skill spectrum and we'll get people who are completely fanatical assholes who only play those types of games with no job or social skills on the social end. I'm not sure what you are defining good as.

None of these games do any sort of weeding, have you glanced at their forums by any chance? I've seen a lot of Pantheon's and Crowfall's. I'm not happy with the choices we have, but really we could make any of these games work, but I think people need to dispel that notion that this type of game is going to attract "good" players.

So that's why I think Pantheon and Crowfall are the best options. I don't really know anyone looking forward to Life is Feudal (they may be out there, who knows). Chronicles of Elyria wouldn't be a bad choice, but I just don't see that talked about as much as Pantheon and Crowfall these days. As for some others Ald mentioned:

Saga of Lucimia - Never heard of it. Looks like Everquest, as in almost straight up rips off Everquest. Features sound better than Pantheon IMO. Has this been generating any buzz?
Camelot Unchained - Definitely a good pick, I'd say this should be an option on the survey over Life is Feudal.
  • Grey
  • Grey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Look mom, I'm on Youtube!
More
1 year 5 months ago #14 by Grey
Grey replied the topic: What MMO should we plan for?
I wrote a whole bunch of stuff that I didn't bother to put in this post in the end because I knew how you'd respond to all of it anyway.

In short a "good" player is someone who comes prepared, and when a game forces preparation to a high degree and isn't in the business of nerfing shit immediately to facilitate a wider array of audiences, it has a better chance to thus attract "good" players.

The survey has an "other" option. Camelot Unchained looks okay. Art styles effect my personal decision-making a lot about whether to play a game. However if the interest is there, we go for it regardless of what I think.
More
1 year 5 months ago #15 by Ald
Ald replied the topic: What MMO should we plan for?
I do believe the good players today are much better than good players in old school MMO's. Despite what some may think, large scale group content is much more difficult today than back then based on mechanics alone. However, the normal day to day non-raid content is abysmal in comparison in my opinion as are the average players. The ability to just show up without preparation or knowledge and still clear content on day of release is unacceptable to me.

Every new MMO going the action combat route with no form of trinity or class interdependence are some more reasons i like these possible future MMO's. My preference for tab-target with an expanded trinity including actual support classes points me right towards these MMO's. Call me old fashioned but it's what i prefer and i won't apologize for it. The player base in these games will be small but i believe the genre was better that way.

Login

Event Calendar

No events

Servers