Latest News

• Tabletop Game Night 8.10.17 - Tyrants of the Underdark

This evening we had a blast playing Tyrants of the Underdark, a relatively new game blending some old concepts together. TotU is an area control and deckbuilder game in one and we felt it does both pretty well! Wintertide had the most experience with this one but Moose had also played a number of games. Watch as the noobs battle the experienced in this single game of Tyrants. Who will win? You'll probably never guess...

Read more ...  
  • Tabletop Gameternoon 8.5.17 - Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia

This may very well be the longest episode of Tabletop ever. The game is Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia. The players are ready, sword, bow, or ...whatever else, in hand. We're gonna explore this dungeon, kill some bad guys, mess with each other a little bit, and hopefully it will all be over soon for someone. Watch as we do all those things including some late-game clutch play by Grey.

Read more ...  
  • Tabletop Gameternoon 7.29.17 - Catan

This Saturday afternoon's game was Catan (formerly known at Settlers of Catan). Jbot, Cappi, AIMonster, Grey, and Wintertide duke it out for the title of Supreme Leader of the Sheep. Watch as Ore exchanges hands for almost nothing and wood becomes the commodity to control! All of this and even some cussing on this episode of IGC Gamerternoon!

Read more ...  
  • Tabletop Game Night 7.27.17 - Cosmic Encounter

IGC's Random Impact gamer group takes to space for epic battles of the third kind. Six members of the group each pilot a different and mysterious alien race with a unique power. Some of our powers are downright ridiculous too! Watch how this game of serious diplomacy, high-powered hi-jinks, and crazy encounters unfolds right here on IGC Tabletop.

Read more ...

What MMO should we plan for?

Poll: What MMOs should we plan for?

Crowfall
2 22.2%
Pantheon
4 44.4%
Life is Feudal
No votes 0%
Chronicles of Elyria
3 33.3%
Other (post below)
No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 9 ( wintertide, Seifer Arumashi, Ald, Jmillz024, Reli Turino ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #1 by Grey Jorildyn
Grey Jorildyn created the topic: What MMO should we plan for?
As the community moves into the future it is time to consider what games we may want to add. 2016 hasn't been a stellar year for MMOs. In fact there have been a number of bad years lately, what with the F2P cancer watering down the genre over the past decade. 2017 plans to be a somewhat better year, but we've some titles coming our way in beta even before then.

That said, there are still games that have promise. I am seeking games, and guild leaders for them, that might interest the current population here in some way. This isn't a poll to ask if you will switch playing X games to go play Y game. It is merely an interest poll to perhaps assist me in making some administrative decisions. I want to know what I should target immediately, and your reasons why, too. It makes sense to go for games early, but not too early. It also makes sense to go for games in development that look solid, and we can get access to. These kinds of factors are worth posting about.

Please vote and provide any additional options by post. I look forward to the feedback.

Thanks all!
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Grey Jorildyn.
More
1 year 1 month ago #2 by Athrin
Athrin replied the topic: What MMO should we plan for?
cant vote >.>
More
1 year 1 month ago #3 by Reli Turino
Reli Turino replied the topic: What MMO should we plan for?
Unable to cast vote; however,

My vote would be for Chronicles of Elyria.

It's a vastly different type of MMO, which features aging and even death to your character, even your entire family should the right things go wrong. It's backed on KickStarter with almost 11,000 people raising a total of $1.3 million dollars for production.

The MMO genre as a whole has gotten rather stale, to be honest. Nothing more than a hamster wheel of vertical progression. Each of the current games have their flaws, as well as benefits, but at the end of the day, it just seems like it's "Same Game, Different Title".

CoE seems to take a newer approach to the genre, giving you a chance to not only become something for yourself, but also for the entire community as a whole, should you choose the right options and have a little luck on your side. Fully destructible environments, non-repeating quests, thousands of job combinations. There are no inherent commitments. If you want to live your whole game life as a horse breeder, you can. Want to become a world (server) renowned blacksmith, artisan or even chef... you can do that, too. Hell, you can even come from a whole family line of any of those, which grants bonuses to your skills!

I'll most likely give it a shot, for sure - just to see/experience something different.

Game Home Page
Their Kickstarter Page

Just my 2 cents....
More
1 year 1 month ago #4 by AIMonster
AIMonster replied the topic: What MMO should we plan for?
Crowfall

Pantheon is generating a bit more buzz. I still have no god damn clue why as an Everquest player.
More
1 year 1 month ago #5 by Grey Jorildyn
Grey Jorildyn replied the topic: What MMO should we plan for?
Can vote now! Found a bug and fixed it!
More
1 year 1 month ago #6 by Athrin
Athrin replied the topic: What MMO should we plan for?
OMG First oneoneoneon11111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More
1 year 1 month ago #7 by Ald
Ald replied the topic: What MMO should we plan for?
Camelot Unchained - Group based 3 faction PVP with a wonderful variety of classes
Pantheon - Old school group based PVE
Saga of Lucimia - Old school group based PVE

All the MMO's on my list have the same aspect in common, other than being crowd funded. They're all group based. I've been craving a more group focused MMO since i stopped playing FFXI. These appear to be designed for that type of play style, minus some of the nonsense that i'm sure most don't miss. I'm not holding my breath that any of these get anywhere but the smaller and more like minded player base should bring back some much needed community aspects that i also miss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grey Jorildyn
More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #8 by Jmillz024
Jmillz024 replied the topic: What MMO should we plan for?
i dkn the only one that i would play and at this point I am not even sure I would play any of them is pantheon. Chronicles of elyria seems cool but i couldn't find any actual game play only screen shots and people talking about it. pantheons world looks amazing the enemies like shit lol but seems like there is potential in it.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Jmillz024.
More
1 year 1 month ago #9 by Grey Jorildyn
Grey Jorildyn replied the topic: What MMO should we plan for?
I knew this thread would attract a wild Alderaan.
More
1 year 1 month ago #10 by Seifer Arumashi
Seifer Arumashi replied the topic: What MMO should we plan for?
Whichever is the most difficult of the 4 and consequently weeds out terrible players.

Login

Event Calendar

Sat Aug 19 @ 4:00PM - 06:00PM
Random Impact - Pandemic
Fri Aug 25 @ 8:30PM - 10:00PM
Meeting - Officer's Meeting

Servers