Latest News

• Tabletop Gameternoon 5.20.17 - Maximum Apocalypse

Random Impact (new group name!) checks out the Kickstarter'd game Maximum Impact! In this one you choose your own adventure, layout a tile map, and try to complete the objectives. There's so much potential in this game. It's still in testing but we had a blast with it. There's two games to see here. Enjoy!

Read more ...  
  • IGC Podcast #90 - No More Zombies Please

Our post-Mother's Day special has hit the internet finally! EA is back to their old ways while Sega is trying to change theirs. SE parts ways with IO for some odd reason and a Neir mod-maker has a little something to say to all those pirates out there. This, a plethora of announcements, and a long list of upcoming games all right here on the IGC Podcast.

Read more ...  
  • Tabletop Gameternoon 5.13.15 - Red Dragon Inn (Revisited)

Grey and the gang gather 'round the square table for a fun-filled game of Red Dragon Inn. We're playing characters from several different expansions in this afternoon's game and it really adds spice to the game! Phrenk the troll is brewing up some potions while The Drunken Master's powers surges with every drink! Check out our video to see who managed to drink everyone else under the table!

Read more ...  
  • IGC Podcast #89 - Just the Two Of Us

AIMonster and Grey anchor this episode of the podcast. They're holding it down and keeping it real, son.. or something like that anyway. Swatting is a problem and needs to stop. A SNES Classic might be on the way for the holidays. A bunch of new games are coming our way over the next few months and there's a few we really want you to know about. We wrap it up with the upcoming titles and review our video game draft scores. Listen now or prepare to meet your doom.

Read more ...

Arche Age

More
2 years 8 months ago #11 by Ald
Ald replied the topic: Arche Age

Each Faction is composed of two of the four races and has its own continent. The western continent, Nuia, is inhabited by the Elves and Nuians. The eastern continent, Haranya, is inhabited by the Harani and Firran. To play with your friends, you'll need to belong to the same faction, else they'll always be aggressive to you and you won't even understand their chat... so you're limited to picking between two of the four races.

Later on, it'll be possible to create your own faction, at which point you and your friends can play together even as normally opposing races, but it could be a very, very long time before we see many accessible player-made factions around to choose from, so it's a much better idea to stick to the same faction if you want to play together.

I'm playing Nuian of course cause furries scare me.
More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #12 by Alaghmaral
Alaghmaral replied the topic: Arche Age
If you're Nuian you can't play with the figurative "us." The guild is being made on east so you'd have to be Haranyan or Firran. If you wish to be Nuian or Elvan, you're playing on the opposite faction than we're trying to make here at IGC.

We're not planning to RP, we knew it was an RP server coming into it but it's also the mature player/less hardcore PVP server becaaaaaaause:

Ollo: unofficial filipino/oceanic server hardcore PVP server popular with lots of competition, as well
Kyrios: unofficial hardcore PVP server and very popular/lots of competition
Salphira: unofficial Brazilian server (no one wants to play with them, as a Portuguese I can attest to this)
Aranzeb: unofficial hardcore PVP/Spanish community server
Tahyang: unofficial RP/mature server
Edit: forgot about Naima.. it has the hodgepodge
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Alaghmaral.
More
2 years 8 months ago #13 by Ald
I had no idea that faction was selected until May just told me. When and where was this discussed or posted about? I have no desire to play a furry or an Asian character so Nuian or Elven are my only options.

As far as RP is concerned the server choice is perfect for me. I don't have much interest in PVP but hopefully the server is mature enough to keep the psychopaths away.
More
2 years 8 months ago #14 by AIMonster
AIMonster replied the topic: Arche Age
Furry + RP is just asking for trouble.

More
2 years 8 months ago #15 by Grey Jorildyn
Grey Jorildyn replied the topic: Arche Age
There was no discussion as no one took the lead on this to organize said discussion. I knew Murlona was going to play and asked her if she wanted to hold onto a casual guild for this and she agreed. So whatever she decided was what it was going to be. Not knowing myself how the factions worked I could not have really setup such a discussion. My apologies.
More
2 years 8 months ago #16 by Monty
Monty replied the topic: Arche Age
Ya pretty much agree with the sentiment with the others an RP server isn't making me want to play this game anymore than I already am feeling meh about it. :dry: Honestly by the time my queue popped I had lost complete interest in playing the game. I am pretty sure if I dislike it more than Wildstar which I was really wanting to like that my longevity in this game is pretty non existent. May you gonna need a new lvling buddy man =p I seriously would play wow with more interest at this point, which says a lot. :silly:
More
2 years 8 months ago #17 by Ald
None of us have been able to play much with these 3 hours queues every evening. It's every server though, even the two new ones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lazaruz
More
2 years 8 months ago #18 by Alaghmaral
Alaghmaral replied the topic: Arche Age
I had left Tahyang because I missed the land grab and there didn't seem to be enough interest here so I didn't feel the need to be tied there. The decision for Tahyang came during that weird time on the first day where Ollo, Salphira, and Kyrios were already looking to be packed, and Naima and Tahyang were the lowest pop servers at the time. This was before Inoch, then the next couple of days, Enla.

I'm on Enla, now, I never got my original founder pack item with daru chests and my labor point regen is broken but I still have patron status to get through the queues faster. The wait times for queues is still bad as Hank is having to wait a couple of hours for login, still, too.

Honestly I liked Tahyang because while "lolololol RP server," it's better than dealing with "HUEHUEHUE BR" all day o_o;

I hear people are on Lucius now, I hope the queues are better there for everyone. There's a lot of people who will abandon their houses and ships on their servers to get on a low queue server, but it's also going to take at least a day for people to delete their old characters to get onto this new server.
More
2 years 8 months ago #19 by Churchill
Churchill replied the topic: Arche Age

Punch Clock Villain wrote:

Ald wrote: Tahyang is the unofficial RP server for the US if anyone was wondering.

Obviously the survey data indicated RP is the way to be.
More
2 years 8 months ago #20 by Ald
Lucius on average has been having around 30 min queues as apposed to the 4-6 hours queues on Tahyang. I actually have no issue with RP servers, as you said, they're better than the alternatives. I dunno why people seem to be turned off by them.

I also don't know how involved i'll be in this game, if at all. The focus on zerg guilds and PVP with the lack of any real PVE is a real turnoff for me. I'd be all over it if there was a PVE server but i understand why there isn't one.

Login

Event Calendar

Fri May 26 @ 8:00PM - 11:00PM
Aerial Impact - Custom Games
Sat May 27 @ 9:00PM -
Critical Impact - Drachen Fall Session 22
Sat May 27 @ 9:00PM - 11:00PM
Aerial Impact - Free Play
Sun May 28 @ 1:00PM - 05:00PM
Ballistic Impact - Operations
Tue May 30 @ 9:00PM - 11:00PM
Aerial Impact - Casual Play