Latest News

• Return to Waterdeep (Lords of Waterdeep)

Faerun just isn't the same without us! Tonight we return to Waterdeep to see which Lord will rule the city. After 8 rounds of schemes and corruption we tally it up and see who prevails. Come watch this super-fun game of intrigue.

Read more ...  
  • Return to the Mansion (Elder Sign)

We are back after the Thanksgiving Holiday break and ready to play! We dive into the mansion of horror twice more. Here's two games of Elder Sign back-to-back for your viewing pleasure. First game is against Hastur and the second, Yog Sothoth. Watch as we struggle, whine, generally feels unpleasant, but have a good time anyway. Elder Sign is where it's at!

Read more ...  
  • Make Shinies, Get Bitches ("Kobolds")

Tonight we give "Kobolds" a try. This is a competitive game where you place kobold minions inside mines to try and collect the most shinies possible. Some kobolds have special powers while others just show up for loot. You can try to do your own thing or engage directly in battle with the competition, but make no mistake, eventually you will get raided! This is a really cool game. Check it out!

Read more ...  
  • Who's got Balls of Steel? (Cash 'n Guns)

Gangsters everywhere! Tonight we played Cash N Guns a game where mob bosses tell people who to shoot, other people out of the way, and those with balls of steel get the loot. This is a fun take-a-chance game with shallow but interesting strategy. Watch as we rough each other up and vie for the big loot! Who's gonna get da cement shooz? Keep yer eyes peeled.

Read more ...

MMO Gaming News

• Ald
  • Ald's Avatar Topic Author
  • 1000 Posts Club
  • 1000 Posts Club
  • It's all in the reflexes
More
4 years 1 month ago #11 by Ald
Ald replied the topic: MMO Gaming News
Crazy oldschool MMO's.

NCsoft sued by 64-year-old woman over $28,000 sword

What would you do if you tried to enchant a rare in-game item worth $28,000 and it broke? One 64-year-old Lineage player sued NCsoft earlier this year. After unsuccessfully petitioning to have her rare Jin Myung Hwang's Conduct Sword restored by claiming her failed enchantment attempt (which destroys the item in Lineage) was accidental, the South Korean player sued NCsoft. The extremely rare sword could sell for $28,000.

Unfortunately, the plaintiff's game log showed that she bought special items to improve her odds at enchanting and she continued to enchant other items even after the destruction of the rare sword. The court's ruling was not in the player's favor, noting that even if it was a mistake, NCsoft was not required to restore the item.

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #12 by Grey
Grey replied the topic: MMO Gaming News
Didn't feel like covering this in our press so here it is:

Source

Star Citizen won't be 'dumbed down' for console release, says Roberts

Space combat and trading sim Star Citizen will never abandon its Windows PC launch plans or strip away powerful features for a console release, Chris Roberts wrote in a post on the game's forums.

The post addresses fan outcry following the release of a photo showing a PlayStation 4 dev kit on chief technical officer Jason Spangler's desk. Backers of Star Citizen's Kickstarter campaign — the most successful crowdfunding project in history — expressed concern the that game would jump from a Windows PC release to Sony's next-gen console. Roberts assured fans in his post that this was not the case.

"Star Citizen is a PC game," he wrote. "It will never be dumbed down for a lesser platform. We will NOT limit the input options or supported peripherals to the lowest common denominator. We will NOT pass on features and technology just because they will only run on some hardware configurations.

"The PC platform is great because it isn't static," he continued. "It doesn't have rules or some controlling entity that decides what will and won't be in the eco system. If a cool new disruptive technology like the Oculus Rift comes along it can have a chance to gain traction and become the next big thing.

"Because of this Star Citizen will always be primarily a PC game and will embrace the best and newest tech."

Roberts added that Star Citizen will never be released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and developer Roberts Space Industries currently has no plans to launch the game on PS4 and Xbox One. He added that if Sony and Microsoft begin allowing open development on their next-gen platforms, he would consider bringing his game to the consoles.

"Why? Well because then they are essentially inexpensive small form factor PCs with a custom operating system focused on gaming and who wouldn't want a bigger community of Star Citizens?" he wrote. "If Sony or Microsoft are willing to let their platform be open, then I see no real difference between them or Valve's Steambox, a Mac or a PC running Linux, all of which are platforms that I don't think this community would mind supporting as they are all viewed as PCs."

Roberts added that Sony "chased us down to give us some dev kits to play with," but he has been "very clear" regarding what would move him to publish to PS4.

Star Citizen is currently slated for launch in 2015.

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #13 by Bjornsin
Bjornsin replied the topic: MMO Gaming News
Seems like Roberts in dodgy in his responses, which sucks because I threw a fair amount of money his way to keep this game in the PC realm only. I guess I wouldn't care if he ported it to next gen consoles AFTER the PC release, but PC should be his only focus atm. He also better not fuck it up with cross platform gaming, if he does consoles then they need to be separate.
More
4 years 4 weeks ago #14 by Grey
Grey replied the topic: MMO Gaming News
He makes a fair point. He doesn't want to have to water down his game just to reach a couple million more players. He's already got the most successfully crowd-funded project in existence, which implies he must have a ton of people interested. When he says he does not want to support consoles that are "not open", I wonder then if he would bring it to steambox in the far future. The pad supports a ton of keybinds, but it's no keyboard. He may be implying that or he may be saying nothing at all.
  • Ald
  • 1000 Posts Club
  • 1000 Posts Club
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #15 by Ald
World of Warcraft Black Friday Sale

Full game 75% off - $4.99
(Includes - The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm)

Mists of Pandaria 75% off - $9.99

I'm sure not many will care but I've never really given the game a chance so for $15 i may as well try. Would be cool to get at least a 5-man going if anyone else is interested.
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #16 by Nicblue
Nicblue replied the topic: MMO Gaming News
Did anyone else but you Ald try out WoW? I have a few characters and so does my GF. Just no real reason to play lol
  • Ald
  • 1000 Posts Club
  • 1000 Posts Club
More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #17 by Ald
Everyone should come play with me!

I picked Stormrage which showed up as the highest populated east coast Alliance PVE server.

I'm willing to pick any server though since I'm only leveling to unlock DK right now. Not interested in PVP though.
Last Edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Ald.
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #18 by Papaj
Papaj replied the topic: MMO Gaming News
I'll try and get scrolled sometime this week Ald, though I do have a research paper to write and make not suck, so it might not be until later. I literally just got all my stuff unpacked and put away/hooked up from vacation.
  • Ald
  • 1000 Posts Club
  • 1000 Posts Club
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #19 by Ald
It's been brought to my attention that my selection of Alliance is dumb because everyone plays Horde, so i made a character on Area 52 so i can Horde it up with Jintu.
  • Jintu
  • 1000 Posts Club
  • 1000 Posts Club
  • -Karma me bro and see what happens.
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #20 by Jintu
Jintu replied the topic: Re:MMO Gaming News
FOR THE HORDE!

Login

Event Calendar

No events

Servers