Latest News

• Return to Waterdeep (Lords of Waterdeep)

Faerun just isn't the same without us! Tonight we return to Waterdeep to see which Lord will rule the city. After 8 rounds of schemes and corruption we tally it up and see who prevails. Come watch this super-fun game of intrigue.

Read more ...  
  • Return to the Mansion (Elder Sign)

We are back after the Thanksgiving Holiday break and ready to play! We dive into the mansion of horror twice more. Here's two games of Elder Sign back-to-back for your viewing pleasure. First game is against Hastur and the second, Yog Sothoth. Watch as we struggle, whine, generally feels unpleasant, but have a good time anyway. Elder Sign is where it's at!

Read more ...  
  • Make Shinies, Get Bitches ("Kobolds")

Tonight we give "Kobolds" a try. This is a competitive game where you place kobold minions inside mines to try and collect the most shinies possible. Some kobolds have special powers while others just show up for loot. You can try to do your own thing or engage directly in battle with the competition, but make no mistake, eventually you will get raided! This is a really cool game. Check it out!

Read more ...  
  • Who's got Balls of Steel? (Cash 'n Guns)

Gangsters everywhere! Tonight we played Cash N Guns a game where mob bosses tell people who to shoot, other people out of the way, and those with balls of steel get the loot. This is a fun take-a-chance game with shallow but interesting strategy. Watch as we rough each other up and vie for the big loot! Who's gonna get da cement shooz? Keep yer eyes peeled.

Read more ...

E3 2015

More
2 years 6 months ago #11 by Papaj
Papaj replied the topic: Re:E3 2015
Reporting from the Nintendo side of the house...because nobody else does. Titles coded by color - Wii U and 3DS

Star Fox Zero
  • Gamepad serves as 1st person reticule
  • Use of the Gyro for partial controls, mostly aiming
  • Multiple vehicles/Arwing modes switchable mid combat...mixed feelings, looks better than Star Fox: Assault though
  • One Arwing mode is a robot chicken looking walker, Tank has a short duration flight capability
  • Holiday 2015 release

Super Mario Maker
  • Giant 8-bit Amiibo that Giga-fies your in-game Mario and enemies
  • September 2015

Yoshi's Wooly World
  • Co-op play available
  • Amiibos act like a "skin" and turn Yoshi into a stylized version of the Amiibo (Yoshi with Mario colors/patterns)
  • October 2015

Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Seamless Open World exploration
  • Get to pilot a giant Mech
  • "Rich" character and weapon customization
  • Online squad play available for up to 4 people, access to shared quest/item/wildlife information + World Boss fights
  • Combat building upon success of Xenoblade Chronicles system
  • December 2015

Fast Racing NEO
  • Up to 4 player futuristic racing game
  • High speed, anti-grav race machines
  • Probably the closest thing we'll get to an F-Zero game ever again, might just buy into it for pseudo nostalgia

Fire Emblem: Fates
  • Nothing new since last teaser/Nintendo Direct giving an overview of what to expect
  • Plus side, its a Fire Emblem game, pretty sure it can't be shitty
  • Really pissed this won't be on Wii U - the cinematics on 3DS could be rendered real time making combat gorgeous

Mario & Luigi Paper Jam
  • Control both Mario and Luigi in addition to a Paper Mario for extra depth (think Zelda: Link Between Worlds mechanics)
  • Nifty combos/utilities specific to character
  • Appearance of a mash-up between Mario + Luigi, Super Mario RPG, and Paper Mario
  • Skeptical as the latter two of the above are classics and some of the best Mario games released to date
  • Spring 2016 release

Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes
  • Up to 3 player local or online Co-op play - 180 spin from Zelda: Four Swords competitive focus
  • Utilizes a "3rd dimensional Z-axis" for combat/puzzles - basically totem style stack Links for height
  • Very 'fashionable' world with costumes that can be crafted/collected - these grant special ability modifiers/skills
  • Single player still an option via swapping between 'dolls' that you can take into dungeons
  • Fall 2015 release

Hyrule Warriors: Legends
  • Re-imagining of the Wii U version created on 3DS
  • Includes all DLC characters from the original game plus addition of more (only Windwaker characters so far)
  • Touch screen enables you to switch between a selection of characters on the fly mid-mission
  • Surprised it looks as good as it does, not surprised it is functional (Monster Hunter hack 'n slash combat with Zelda)
  • Q1 of 2016

Metroid Prime: Federation Force
  • 4 player Co-op missions in the Metroid universe (local or online)
  • 3v3 sci-fi arena game Metroid Prime: Blast Ball comes with it - basically Griffball in mechs w/ guns minus the killing
  • Gyro has functionality of aiming your blaster cannon in both the story and Blast Ball
  • Surprised it looks as good as it does, not surprised it is functional (Monster Hunter hack 'n slash combat with Zelda)

Bravely Second: End Layer
  • Sequel to critically acclaimed and successful Bravely Default
  • New jobs and abilities make a showing and combine for even more strategic combinations
  • If you own a 3DS and have not played Bravely Default or have and don't make this a Day 1 purchase I will disown you

Of course there's plenty more stuff I didn't mention, both that was and was not covered in the Opening Nintendo Direct Event and the subsequent Treehouse Live broadcasts. You can find the rest here and here (games list) if you care.
More
2 years 6 months ago #12 by AIMonster
AIMonster replied the topic: Re:E3 2015
I didn't find anything too impressive from Nintendo. The new Star Fox doesn't really look all that good. Xenoblade Chronicles X and Yoshi's Wooly World look decent, but nothing too special and of course Fire Emblem games are always good.

Was Bravely Second actually shown at the conference? I somehow missed that.
More
2 years 6 months ago #13 by Xerlic
Xerlic replied the topic: Re:E3 2015

AIMonster wrote: Last Guardian, FF7 remake, and Shenmue 3 is huge for sure, but let's face it most of the target audience there already owns a PS4.

Yes, this is what I was referring to.

My understanding is that a fair number of people have yet to make the jump to current gen systems. Dark Souls 2, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Shadows of Mordor, Watch Dogs, Far Cry 4 and probably many other triple A games that were released in 2014 were released on both current gen (PS4/XB1) and previous gen (PS3/360) systems.

I'm not denying that I'm biased since I have yet to make the jump myself, but watching the conferences as someone who is still keeping his options open and trying to remain objective since I'm partial to RPGs, I was more impressed with Sony's lineup.
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #14 by Xerlic
Xerlic replied the topic: Re:E3 2015

AIMonster wrote: Was Bravely Second actually shown at the conference? I somehow missed that.

Bravely Second was announced in a Nintendo Direct a few weeks ago. All they announced was a release date of sometime in 2016.

As a die hard Nintendo fan, I was pretty disappointed with Nintendo's presentation. Woolly World and Star Fox were both announced at last year's e3. They both look pretty sweet though. Definitely going to pick up both.

Metroid Prime: Federations is a huge huge huge slap in the face for those of us who have been waiting YEARS for a true metroid game. This game, while probably a fine game, is getting a lot of backlash for Nintendo's poor decision of slapping Metroid onto something that, as far as we know, does not even have Samus in it.

I'm also hype that they released Earthbound Beginnings (Mother 1) a few days ago since it opens the door for Mother 3 localization, but it's hard to get too excited about a translated ROM that's been sitting in Nintendo's closet for 25 years.
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Xerlic.
More
2 years 6 months ago #15 by Papaj
Papaj replied the topic: Re:E3 2015
I won't lie and say I'm dying from excitement for most of what Nintendo has shown thus far, but I'm just happy they're releasing games with notable franchises. That's how Nintendo has always lived and died (well, taken one step closer to the canyon edge at least) and while I would absolutely love for them to release some real franchise hitters like the soon to come Zelda across other well known names, I realize it probably won't happen.

Login

Event Calendar

No events

Servers