Latest News

• Tabletop Gameternoon 8.19.17 - Pandemic

Tonight we revisit Pandemic, a game where four skilled agents try to rid the world of four terrible diseases all at the same time. It's a game of skill, luck, and patience to try and win Pandemic, especially on harder difficulties. We went with medium for this game (5 Epidemic cards in the deck) and it was a tough go! Will we rid the world of its plagues or succumb to the pox that has taken residence in our lands? Watch on for the full story and gameplay.

Read more ...  
  • Tabletop Game Night 8.10.17 - Tyrants of the Underdark

This evening we had a blast playing Tyrants of the Underdark, a relatively new game blending some old concepts together. TotU is an area control and deckbuilder game in one and we felt it does both pretty well! Wintertide had the most experience with this one but Moose had also played a number of games. Watch as the noobs battle the experienced in this single game of Tyrants. Who will win? You'll probably never guess...

Read more ...  
  • Tabletop Gameternoon 8.5.17 - Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia

This may very well be the longest episode of Tabletop ever. The game is Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia. The players are ready, sword, bow, or ...whatever else, in hand. We're gonna explore this dungeon, kill some bad guys, mess with each other a little bit, and hopefully it will all be over soon for someone. Watch as we do all those things including some late-game clutch play by Grey.

Read more ...  
  • Tabletop Gameternoon 7.29.17 - Catan

This Saturday afternoon's game was Catan (formerly known at Settlers of Catan). Jbot, Cappi, AIMonster, Grey, and Wintertide duke it out for the title of Supreme Leader of the Sheep. Watch as Ore exchanges hands for almost nothing and wood becomes the commodity to control! All of this and even some cussing on this episode of IGC Gamerternoon!

Read more ...

E3 2015

More
2 years 2 months ago #1 by Grey Jorildyn
Grey Jorildyn created the topic: E3 2015
Been a great start to the show from Nintendo and Bethesda. If you guys wanna chat about E3, post up here!

So far my fav has (obviously) been Fallout 4. The crafting and base-building system looks absolutely stellar, very in-depth and hopefully useful. I like that it provides an outlet for caps. In the recent Fallout games it's been easy to amass a ridiculous amount of money that ends up having little use so this seems like a great way to dump money into something substantial.

Looks like we've got XBOX, EA, Ubisoft, and Sony coming up later today. Hit up this thread to get the chat going.
More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #2 by AIMonster
AIMonster replied the topic: E3 2015
I was not excited about Doom, now I am. Fallout 4 did surprise a bit, but I still think it would have been more impactful had they held that till their conference. I'm also happy it's close to release so it's nice to be able to get excited for it and not having to burnout. Haven't seen Nintendo yet, assuming you are talking about the championship and not their press conference?

Oh, and I don't expect anyone to top Bethesda's 2 big game announcements except Square Enix since they are pretty much an unknown right now (aside from the givens of Dues Ex, Heavensward, and Rise of Tomb Raider and a few other titles they could show like Star Ocean 5 and Figure Head). They have a few IPs they are sitting on, but who knows what they are willing to announce in the West. Hoping for the inevitable Dissidia PS4 announcement and something related to Chronotrigger.

Predictions on conference awesomeness from greatest to least:
Bethesda
Square Enix
Sony
Nintendo
Microsoft
EA
Ubisoft
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by AIMonster.
More
2 years 2 months ago #3 by Grey Jorildyn
Grey Jorildyn replied the topic: E3 2015
Yeah was referring to the championships. For real, I think it will take a lot to top what Bethesda put out there.

XBOX just announced backwards compatibility to 360 which is kind of a big deal. There's gonna be a lot to cover in the next podcast for reals.
More
2 years 2 months ago #4 by AIMonster
AIMonster replied the topic: Re:E3 2015
BTW I think we wanted to do a double on the Sunday after next (the usual time) to cover everything instead of trying to do something this week since you are getting married. Going to be an exciting E3 for sure.
More
2 years 2 months ago #5 by Grey Jorildyn
Grey Jorildyn replied the topic: Re:E3 2015
THREE Tom Clancy games! Holy shit Ubisoft...
More
2 years 2 months ago #6 by AIMonster
Microsoft had a surprisingly good conference. Halo 5 looked great and the big announcement about backwards compatibility really made watching it worthwhile. They showed loads of games, mostly gameplay, and didn't have to dwell on one title too long. Only issue I have with them was none of their titles really wowed me, most were decent, but not enough to want me to buy an Xbox One.

Sony messed up again. I think they are getting cocky. Showing Last Guardian was good and the FF remake and even that FF Chibi game looked like it might be fun. Most of the others were a given. The Shenmue 3 announcement was the biggest surprise and with that E3 advertisement might be the fastest and largest Kickstarter to date toppling the newly crowned Bloodstained (and Yooka-Laylee for fastest). Horizon Zero Dawn looked okay too. Too many titles were shown that weren't exclusive, wasting time for shit we've seen in the conference before and they even wasted a bit of time on Batman which is releasing tomorrow and shouldn't have been shown at an E3 press conference. Also, how the hell do you release gameplay and announcement trailers for Rachet & Clank a few days before E3 and not show it at all at E3? And really, THAT much time spent on Call of Duty, that looks like a less open Titanfall without the giant Titan mechs (the most fun aspect of the game). I think Sony had good titles, but pissed it away in presentation. That Uncharted 4 fail was a bit funny too, at least they were the only ones do actual live demos of their games unlike the other conferences.

EA was mostly boring, and didn't have any surprises except Unraveled. Everything they announced we knew was coming. At least 50% of the conference was devoted to their Sports games too. Battlefront looked great though, even though it basically Battlefield: Star Wars. Doubt it will run great considering how Battlefield games have turned out, but we'll see.

No surprise with Ubisoft having a shitty conference. Their biggest announcement was probably the South Park game and For Honor. The Division was massively downgraded, and their jokes were in bad taste. I couldn't believe they made a DLC joke, your fucking Ubisoft, don't do that shit! Also don't tell us your doing a live demo of a game when it's clearly scripted, you jackasses. Making 4 people sit down with a controller in front of them does not increase my believability. I don't have anything nice to say about this conference aside from maybe For Honor looking like it might be fun to play.

So far it's Bethesda > Microsoft > Sony > EA > Ubisoft for me.
More
2 years 2 months ago #7 by Grey Jorildyn
Grey Jorildyn replied the topic: Re:E3 2015
For sure none of the XBone titles were system sellers. FO4 is the closest to that for me if I didn't have a PC already (mods on XB is a nice feature!).

I haven't watched the EA conf, caught the rest and interested to see what Nintendo has in store for tomorrow. I agree with your order of things there based on what I did watch.
More
2 years 2 months ago #8 by Xerlic
Xerlic replied the topic: Re:E3 2015
Disagree with you guys about MS > Sony.

MS's conference was good and had content, but nothing really jumps out at you to make you want to buy an Xbox 1 other than Halo 5 (if that's your thing).

Sony's conference was 3 blockbuster announcements and filler, but it's those blockbusters that sell consoles.
More
2 years 2 months ago #9 by AIMonster
I think Sony had better games for sure, but I'm not sure which 3 games you are referring to as Blockbuster announcements. Last Guardian, FF7 remake, and Shenmue 3 is huge for sure, but let's face it most of the target audience there already owns a PS4. One might use the term weeaboo here. Horizon Dawn Zero might be the only announcement aimed more mainstream. In contrast announcing Halo 6, Gears 4, and backwards comparability are 3 blockbuster announcements. But regardless of who had better games and who did not I think Microsoft was better presented. It was filled with exclusives where Sony's was not and didn't spend massive amounts of time on non-exclusives. If I were grading just on the games themselves and my personal hype factor on them Sony would win hands down.
More
2 years 2 months ago #10 by AIMonster
Square Enix conference was bad, and Nintendo was worse (especially compared to last year) absolutely hate the new direction they are taking.

But nothing beats the 2 and a half hour snorefest that was the PC Gaming Conference. Ubisoft was cringe worthy, but the PC conference was like swallowing a bunch of sleeping pills.

Final Results:

Bethesda > Microsoft > Sony > EA > Nintendo > Square Enix > Ubisoft > PC Gaming

Person opinion on overall games lineup announced at E3, not the conferences themselves:

Sony > Bethesda > Square Enix > Microsoft > EA > Nintendo > PC Gaming > Ubisoft

Login

Event Calendar

Fri Aug 25 @ 8:30PM - 10:00PM
Meeting - Officer's Meeting

Servers