Latest News

• Return to Waterdeep (Lords of Waterdeep)

Faerun just isn't the same without us! Tonight we return to Waterdeep to see which Lord will rule the city. After 8 rounds of schemes and corruption we tally it up and see who prevails. Come watch this super-fun game of intrigue.

Read more ...  
  • Return to the Mansion (Elder Sign)

We are back after the Thanksgiving Holiday break and ready to play! We dive into the mansion of horror twice more. Here's two games of Elder Sign back-to-back for your viewing pleasure. First game is against Hastur and the second, Yog Sothoth. Watch as we struggle, whine, generally feels unpleasant, but have a good time anyway. Elder Sign is where it's at!

Read more ...  
  • Make Shinies, Get Bitches ("Kobolds")

Tonight we give "Kobolds" a try. This is a competitive game where you place kobold minions inside mines to try and collect the most shinies possible. Some kobolds have special powers while others just show up for loot. You can try to do your own thing or engage directly in battle with the competition, but make no mistake, eventually you will get raided! This is a really cool game. Check it out!

Read more ...  
  • Who's got Balls of Steel? (Cash 'n Guns)

Gangsters everywhere! Tonight we played Cash N Guns a game where mob bosses tell people who to shoot, other people out of the way, and those with balls of steel get the loot. This is a fun take-a-chance game with shallow but interesting strategy. Watch as we rough each other up and vie for the big loot! Who's gonna get da cement shooz? Keep yer eyes peeled.

Read more ...

The Future of IGC's Website

• Grey
  • Grey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Founder
  • Founder
  • Look mom, I'm on Youtube!
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #1 by Grey
Grey created the topic: The Future of IGC's Website
Greetings all,

Grey here, your local Community Manager. Over the past several years we have seen a sharp decline in the use of the forums and overall views on our website. Gaming is a fast-paced environment and gamers like a fast-paced world. Information moves quicker than ever as time moves forward. Forums are slow and outdated, and often times aren't needed to facilitate effective communication in today's world. Websites obviously still have their use but the features we generally need may be found elsewhere and may be implemented more cleanly.

Last year Impact Gaming Community added Google Hangouts to our repertoire and it has seen major success. It has been instrumental in helping us keep connected with others in our gaming groups and allows us to even talk to everyone in the community as a whole. We share information quickly and can organize events on-the-fly. We can talk in small teams or large groups. The possibilities are endless. Plus, everyone has access to it on their mobile device.

It's implementation was simple. It was purely an addition to what we were already using, but in many ways it became all that we use (outside of Teamspeak, of course). It has become clear over the past several months that the site has little use outside the storage of static information, hosting of applications, and an email service. The rest of our site is becoming less viewed, utilized, and needed every day. That said, I have been looking for a way to keep promoting the content that we create within and for the community. Things like our raid videos, the podcast, our tabletop nights, etc. For the most part we use youtube but it doesn't feel "personal" enough. Social media, as devilish as it can be, is where the future has been heading for years now. It's time to took a larger step in that direction.

To that end I have created a new Google Community for IGC. You can find the link below to join, but it has also been sent out over the hangouts. It is a public community and it is what we will be using for the next 60 days to promote our content. Articles will continue to be posted here for those who wish to read them on our site, but all the work will be duplicated into the google community, so no matter where you are consuming the content, know that it is the same content, just with a different viewing experience, it just won't be back-linked here and will exist on its own as a relationship between google products (communities, youtube, etc).

As stated above this test flight will take place for about 60 days during which time I will be taking things like website views and +1s on google into account. The period may be extended further depending on initial results. I think this has the potential to be a great way to connect the community to our content, just the way Hangouts connected us to each other. Please join the google community and experience it with us in a new way. I'd really appreciate it and I think the more that are in, the better.

Thank you all for reading,

Grey Jorildyn
IGC Manager

Join the community here: plus.google.com/communities/103209687451770585890

Login

Event Calendar

No events

Servers