Latest News

• We Can Build it Bigger

We decided to revisit the 2003 classic Alhambra today. Turns out it's still a fun game, even with just three players. Wintertide, Megabyte, and Grey square (triangle?) off to see who can make the best of what we have to work with. Who's gonna build the best city ever? You'll just to watch and see!

Read more ...  
  • Playing a Roll

We checked out this game called Roll Player today and it was a heck of a lot of fun! Not a ton of player interaction but the elements that it tries to bring together are quite interesting. You play a character, straight out of a Dungeons & Dragons, trying to max your states, buy the best gear, and stay true to your alignment and backstory. Watch on to see how it goes!

Read more ...  
  • Nite Shift Conquers Calus!

After some hard grinding over the course of the games first week, Nite Shift was ready to take on the Leviathan in the first raid released on Destiny 2.  Not only did Nite Shift take down Calus, the final boss of the four part raid, but they did so again to ensure other members were able to get their loot before the weekly reset. Read on for more info!

Read more ...  
  • Yahtzee, Codenames, Who's Counting?

Yup. We played Yahtzee. I know, very exciting. Now for the hype-man text: Watch as we play this classic, banging game where you roll dice and risk it all to get the highest score! Who will take home all the cheese, the moolah, the bread? You're just gonna have to watch and find out. Oh, and we played Codenames too.

Read more ...

Greetings and Salutations

More
1 year 6 months ago #1 by Grevon
Grevon created the topic: Greetings and Salutations
Hello fellow gamers,

I've come here today to introduce myself. I am a Gemini, I hate long walks on the beach (that shit will wear you out), and I enjoy gaming. My gaming obsession started with the Commodore 64, then worked my way through Tandy, Apple IIc, Atari 2600, Nintendo etc.. on up to the current PC platform. I do have a PS3 but it's relegated to it's existence as a Blu-Ray player. I'm 40 years old, married with a 2.5 year old mini me. I do have a full time job, so between that and the munchkin I'm limited in my game time. I am typically available on most nights after 8:30pm CT.

Current games I am playing (not at the same time):
World of Tanks, Stronghold Kingdoms, ARK, The Division, Diablo III.

I do play paper/pencil D&D - 5e with a group local to me as well.

I am looking forward to meeting up and playing some games with you.

Thanks!
More
1 year 6 months ago #2 by Grey
Grey replied the topic: Greetings and Salutations
welcome welcome. seems like we're gonna get along just fine ;)
More
1 year 6 months ago #3 by Kahnya
Kahnya replied the topic: Greetings and Salutations
Welcome! We are happy to have you and I'm sure you'll find yourself at home here. We do have an ARK server which being a part of IGC you're welcome to jump in if that interests you and of course we are always rockin The Division (aka exploit central at this point).

Hope to see you in game!
More
1 year 6 months ago #4 by Kaliber
Kaliber replied the topic: Greetings and Salutations
Hey there Grevon! Pleasure meeting you and I am happy you took interest in Impact gaming. Always want new players to experience games with. I was thinking about trying out world of tanks a few weeks ago. Looks interesting. Are you a season player on Diablo? Theres a few of us that are gunna be starting up on the 28th for season 6.
More
1 year 6 months ago #5 by Grevon
Grevon replied the topic: Greetings and Salutations
I haven't played much of the current season of D3 but would be interested in playing in the new season. I think I completed all the requirements for season 4. Witch Doctor is my main, but I'm an altoholic and usually end up with one of everything.

If you do start up World of Tanks there is typically a code that can get you some freebies for new players (pretty sure Reddit has a sticky in a subreddit for WOT). I'd suggest starting with a throw away account at first though as there is a somewhat steep learning curve initially. If you end up liking it and playing it for a bit you'll want to start a new account so your statistics are a bit better. I didn't really start monitoring statistics until i was like 3k games in and by that time my win rate/hit rate etc was pretty bad and took me a while to dig out of it to a decent rating today. My account of Grevon is the same there.

Login

Event Calendar

Sat Nov 18 @ 7:00PM -
Random Impact - Kobolds
Mon Nov 20 @ 7:00PM - 10:00PM
Critical Impact - SW: EotE - Mask of the Pirate Queen
Mon Nov 27 @ 7:00PM - 10:00PM
Critical Impact - SW: EotE - Mask of the Pirate Queen

Servers